Sunday, January 18, 2009

Spray glue?

I must have seamstress stump or dressmaker's duh, I'm searching for my next project and I can't seem to decide. I'm thinking I want to make a doll, a very complicated doll. But....I'm not sure the results will be what I want it to be, I've never done this media before. Sooo for the next couple of days, I'll mull it over and perhaps start and finish before I know it.
I found this can of spray basting, it's used for quilting although I've never tried it, it sure looks like a great help. It secures the batting to the top and bottom of a quilt, it can be repositioned for up to two months.
It won't gum the sewing needle and can be laundered out either before the quilt is done or after.
I've been staring at the can for 6 months now and the way I see it, anything that is time saving with quilting needs to be mentioned. I intend to use this in place of the tacking and pinning that I do before running my quilt through the machine.

I hope it works! Wonder why I hadn't heard of this!?!! C&G Design

5 comments:

tina said...

Sounds like a good product. The manufacturers have come out with some really cool adhesives over the years. Can't wait to see your next project.

Kathleen said...

Ah, new technology. It always takes me awhile to go for it. I'm looking forward to your new project, too. Can't wait to see what you'll be doing. My sister and I went to Joanne fabrics, but there were so few people working there, we gave up waiting to have fabric cut (bought some other stuff, though). We are bracing for up to a foot of snow today, how about you? 7 below zero here at seven AM. Hugs

Skeeter said...

Dawn, this looks like an interesting product. It sounds like a great thing as long as works as promised. Suggestion;Why dont you try it out on a small project like a baby quit before tackling a big job then you will know if it works for a larger project...
Stay Warm…

Jean Merriman said...

Oh it does sound good so I hope it pans out.

Been snowing all day here but not adding up to much as it is very fine and slow. Hovering at 32 degrees now so it may turn to rain.

Hope your trip to Bangor was a good one Kathleen. Being brought up in Calais, it brings back memories for me. Bangor was always the place to go for a good day of shopping and fun.

The Muse said...

i have not heard of it either..please let us know if it works well!