Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Did I kill Ann?! Part 1

I've been working on a few projects for the last six or seven months. Slow being the word of the day when it came to crafting while under chemotherapy.
One of the highlights of my project working is this Ann.


She is a musical doll with a crank placed in her back. I'm not sure what the music box plays but it is a familiar tune from my childhood.


She was in great condition, just a tear in the lower shin which is close enough to make a stitched bend for a knee. Problem one solved.
Her face, specifically her eyes, were dirty. A bath would take care of that.
All of the elastic had stretched out, simple enough to replace. Problem two solved.
I found, via the Internet, that her dress is original but she was missing the apron. Not a issue, how many times had I made her apron! Problem three solved.

Insert screeching halt noise here. C&G Design

Words and photos by Dawn, C&G Design.

9 comments:

tina said...

Uh oh, what happened to Ann?

Dawn said...

You will have to wait until next week to find out but let me tell ya, it ain't pretty.

Debbie said...

Oh Dawn! I am brimming over with suspense! What a way to leave your loyal readers....and with Ann's head dunked into the tub! I hope she can be fixed...whatever it is...and I know you have a cure for it...you ARE the Raggedy doctor after all!
Wow...seeing you back crafting again makes me want to do back flips...if I didn't think it would take out my back, my knees, my ankles and my neck that is.:(

Gardener on Sherlock Street said...

What a find. I hope Ann can hold her breath while we wait!

Jean Merriman said...

WOOOOHOOOO!!!!!!! A big welcome back to Ann and Andy Wednesdays. Now I can once again look forward to Wednesday each week.

Skeeter said...

Well HELLO there Ann! Where have you been hiding? LOL... Dont turn blue on us with holding your breath sweet Annie....

Jean Merriman said...

Happy Birthday Dawn. Little did we know a year ago what all was to come but now it is behind you and you can look forward to many. many more with much joy. Love ya.

Skeeter said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU....
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU....
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO DAWNNNNNNN...
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUUUUUUU....

AND MANY MORRRRRRREEEEEEEEE....

Debbie said...

Oh Gosh....looks like I missed a big birthday! Happy B-day Dawn!! And many more my friend...Hugs to you!