Saturday, June 7, 2008

Too sell or not to sell....


Okay.....I recently got my crafts out of storage, guess what I found. A lovely queen size quilt that I made in 1997! I had forgotten about it. The dilemma, do I sell it? At the time I made it I lived in a mobile home. The mobile already had its own fashion as they most always do. It did not match this handmade blanket. Guess what? My new bedroom is wallpapered with tulips and window trim has corners with stenciled tulips....by me. Not too far off.








The navy background is made of a high quality linen, a rare find, it has the fluffiest batting between the layers and the back of the quilt is light blue cotton with the borders being of the same material. My,...torn between two quilts. We purchased a new embroidered quilt at a discount store, it is a beautiful wedding ring blanket and we love it. But,WOW! The one I made matches and,......it is vintage fabric made into the appliqued tulips. I hand embroidered the borders and the quilting between the tulips, not to mention I added the touch of lace on top of the flower baskets.















Alright, the real problem. The tulips are pass along (got from my sister) fabric from my grandmother more than twenty years ago. Nana had cut the baskets and flowers to be pot holders, the baskets were to hold the pot holders and more than likely it was to hang on a hook in her kitchen. I figured that was the project when I found the heat resistant layered fabric cut in the same tulip shape. It explains why every other row is alternating colors (front and back of potholders) on my quilt.



I think for now the beautiful tulips will be on the quilt rack, right along side the handmade quilt from my great grandmother. Too sell or not too sell....




That is the question. C&G Design.




P.S., while talking about flowers and tulips, visit my sister at tinaramsey.blogspot.com for infomation on the lady slipper. Thanks.

13 comments:

tina said...

I say keep it. Especially since you already have tulips in your yard. What does Jack of all Trades say? His room too.

tina said...

Ha, just saw your comment to the commenters, funny.

Dawn said...

He said to say...activity is his concern. Typicial guy. Just kidding. He'd like us to keep it, it does look nice with the green and brown. My room has a light blue ceiling, its a garden, green carpet. Pathetic, but us.
Found my comment on a bumper sticker on a countertop to be installed in my craft room. Love it, makes me laugh everytime I see it. Us again.

Jean Merriman said...

Nana musta died the winner!!!!!

Dawn said...

Mom, you are too funny, thought for a moment I read that wrong! Yea, she did have alot of fabric.

Jean Merriman said...

That walk-in closet in the back bedroom was nearly full of frabic, and then the walk in by the upstair bathroom had a lot and then other frabic stuffed here and there. She NEVER went in a sore without going to the frabic dept. Rarely left a store without some frabic!!!!!

DP Nguyen said...

It's a very nice quilt! I'd keep it!

Dawn said...

dp, as a regular commenter, I've added you to my sidebar, I think your posts are sweet.

Skeeter said...

My vote goes for Keep the Quilt!

Dawn said...

There it is....it stays. Nite all.

Jean Merriman said...

I had a strong feeling that it would stay!!!

Jean Merriman said...

I had a strong feeling that it would stay!!!

tina said...

Time to change the comforters...