Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Back Yard Dumping

We have another day off from school, we had yet another storm yesterday (Monday), and although it wasn't to the inches the weatherman said, it still is snow on top of the amounts we have already. These are pictures from my back yard, I think you can get the prospective of the accumulating amounts by looking at my grill and the buried propane tank. Here's another angle, picturing a shot of under my deck. I like how the vapors from the boiler has fogged the upper left side of the picture. We have some things stored under the deck because it's good for staying fairly bare, lawn furniture mostly. To be fair....the snow bank has been added to from the clearing of the deck above! Ha!

But all of it sure feels like it's up to my neck! C&G Design


7 comments:

tina said...

Oh geez-enough already! Snow snow go away!

Unknown said...

Ack! Exactly why I don't venture into the yard until our snow levels are lower. We got enough snow in our last snowfall to come up to the top of my boots. If you add that to what we had already I have a feeling my boots would be full of snow after my stroll through the garden.

Kathleen said...

Hi Dawn....thanks for the tip on organizing my ribbon...fantastic idea, and the husband says he will build it. The snow...my, my, we have enough. We got less than the weatherman predicited...about 6-7 in all. Can you believe we change the clocks this Sat? Have a great day, girlfriend! Hugs. Kathleen

Jean Merriman said...

We who usually get a lot less than most of the rest of the state got dumped on this time. They had said 8 - 12 and we got 12 -14. Hard to tell cause of all the drifting. So happy it was light and fluffy.

Mr. McGregor's Daughter said...

I saw your comment on Tina's blog about woodland plants. I grow a lot of native ones that I'm sure would be hardy for you. Some of the best non-ephemerals are the native Bugbane Actaea/Cimicifuga racemosa, Caullophyllum thalictroides, which sports fantastic blue berries in the middle of summer, the native Celadine Poppy Stylophorum diphyllum, which blooms most heavily in April & May (here in Chicagoland), with sporadic blooms throughout the rest of the growing season, Smilacina racemosa, with white flowers in spring and red berries in fall, any of the Merrybells (Uvularia), with yellow spring flowers and yellow fall foliage, and Solomon's Seal.

Protector of Vintage said...

Wow!! I can definitely see why you are counting down the days until spring on your blog!!

Skeeter said...

This makes me want to put my snowman stuff back up! NOT... just joking with ya today, I know you need jokes as there is pretty much nothing else you can do. At least you were adventurous enough to get out and snap a pic or two for us! Thanks for the views but I am so ready for spring now and I know you must be as well. At least you have all that wonderful crafting to keep you occupied….