Wednesday, August 12, 2009

redwork, Ann and Andy

It might be alittle cheesy to do a Raggedy Ann Wednesday on my give-a-way gift, but I don't think Debbie will mind. My only regret is I did not get too many progression pictures, you can see how differently it looks being a single panel. This was fun to do, because so much of it evolved into a cute scene, it went quickly and as always, it was a challenge to figure jumps to separate paths of red work, or just the dots on Ann's dress.

I stitched the border by hand because it was easier to "ease" a straight line. Ease; That of which one line/curve, is worked into a larger line/curve. Pretty wild I can put my own definition to something and hope everyone understands it. Think of ease as a sleeve cap fitting into a small curve.


I really enjoyed this give-a-way and I'm thinking of another for my 500th post.
About 65 posts away. (not long, two months) C&G Design

8 comments:

Debbie said...

Not cheesy at all! Especially since I was the very, very lucky winner of that redwork pillow and the dolls!!! Yay for me! I got to see your redwork up and personal and it is magnificent! I am always on the lookout now for those dolls and others when I think of you! Thanks again Dawn for that wonderful gift.:) I can't imagine how you could top that for your 500th! Can't wait to get back to blogging and calmer days this fall. Our sub floor is in and the sheetrocking is near done. No more pics as the Port Hole Pics are still on the camera! I got the tomato blight Dawn...I was so pisssed! I had to destroy ALL 6 of my plants and they were huge! Arggggg

Dawn said...

Oh Debbie, My mother got blight and it was the second time she had to rid the tomatoes, the first got frost bitten by the "late" winter. I have on plant I'm keeping a close look at. I hope not, so sad for all the gardeners this year.

tina said...

Nice giveaway. Are you giving it away? And wow! How did you get so close to 500 posts?? We are only up to 7 something. You are doing good.

Jean Merriman said...

Oh they are just so adorable.

Yup. Debbie, like Dawn said I also got blight and I had 20 plants as I freeze them and use them all year. I have a quart, 1 lonely quart in the freezer from last year and guess I will not be refilling the freezer this summer. I am sick about it and holding my breath for my potatoes. They are a little ways away from the tomatoes but not too far and I guess it can travel up to 40 mules.

Kathleen said...

Hi Dawn....thanks for the info on my doll. I rather like her, and may keep her. the "leg" will be in the mail today..you should have it by Friday. I love that pillow, and all the redwork I have seen done by you. The dentist visit wasn't too bad....had a "graph" done. I hear were are in for hot, humid weather this week-end! Hugs, Kathleen

Lola said...

Great looking work. Love that redwork.

Leedra said...

I beginning to think you really like Ann and Andy. :)

Leedra’s Photos For Fun


Leedra’s Greeting Cards


Photography By Leedra

Skeeter said...

Not Cheesy but Pleasing instead...