Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Another Primitive Raggedy

Shirley from Annie's Cupboard offers another free raggedy pattern. If I'm not mistaken she is meant to be a dammit doll. I wish I could find the cute verses that accompany such a doll because it is cute, it amounts to picking the doll up (by it's legs) and whacking it on the edge of a table, chair or sofa. All the while repeating....D#@* it! It has a whole story written before this point. Anyway, I have traveled to so many sites with Ann I can't remember if this one is it or not and of course I didn't label it in my pictures. Thinking that was smart because in my mind.....it's against everything we know to "whack" Ann.


So to me she has the primitive quality that is slowly sneaking under my skin. C&G Design


Words and photos by Dawn,

C&G Design.

7 comments:

tina said...

I'm glad you explained the name. We all can use one of those dolls at times. Hopefully not too often.

Skeeter said...

I could never whack Ann on a table or anything! She is too sweet to whack...

I have heard the story but cannot remember it…

Roses and Lilacs said...

LOL, that is an unusual idea. There probably are days when it would be nice to take out frustrations on something.
Marnie

Jean Merriman said...

She is so ugly that she is cute. In theory I guess it is a good idea but, sadly, I also wonder if some nuts would take it to a higher level.

Protector of Vintage said...

I could never whack Ann either!!

Lola said...

Aaahhhh, she's so cute. Who could whack anything with her.

Unknown said...

When you want to climb the wall,
And stand right up and shout.
There’s a little Dammit doll
You cannot do without.

Just grasp it firmly by the legs,
And find a place to slam it.
And as you whack the stuffing out
Yell Dammit, Dammit, Dammit!