Friday, July 30, 2010

The Gift

I'm a big stryofoam person, there are to many uses for stryofoam to not be. Anytime I buy an appliance that has the thin, smooth sheets of stryfoam I save them. As I look now I can see a sheet behind the end table in my family room!

Anyway, this is the other project I wrote about. My goal with this sheet of stryofoam is to make squares. I uses a rotary cutter and a metal sided ruler to cut strips.





I sure did make a mess. Remember to use foam glue when gluing foam to foam, It really works well.


I decided to start with green and gold. I' not sure why, maybe it has something to do with our school colors or maybe not.



Putting a layer of glue gives the ornament added strength.


I saw this idea with large sequins and small beads, but I decided to try it this way and see what happens. Not to bad.


The bow is a wired ribbon, that too is worth it's weight in gold.

Pun intended. C&G Design



Words and photos by Dawn,C&G Design.

7 comments:

tina said...

Very innovative! I save my styrofoam too. I use it in huge plant pots for filler. It sure does have a lot of uses.

Debbie said...

I LOVE that Dawn!!!! It is such a "green" thing to do plus it is a beautiful result! I like the version you did. I wish I lived closer so I could come over and watch you at work! How bout that....ME inviting myself to your home! Ha! It's a good thing I DON'T live closer huh??

Jean Merriman said...

Cute!! Styofoam does have soooo, soooo many uses. Good job.

Roses and Lilacs said...

Turned out really cute. A few of those would look nice under my mini table top Christmas tree.
Marnie

Kathleen said...

Love your new blog header! And I see you have been busy as always. Seems you are a daily drafter. Do you craft even if you don't feel like it? Oh, and Ya, can't you see if Debbie and I lived near you, she and I wouldn't get a single thing done, cause we would be so busy watching you. All things happen for a reason.......

luv and hugs
Kathleen

Lola said...

That is a super idea Dawn. I too like to save things like that as you can use them in different ways. Very neat.

Skeeter said...

Another great recycling tip and cute ornament to boot! I also keep Styrofoam but usually use it when sending packages for hole filler and to keep things stable. I love this little package ornament. Looks like a fun thing to make well, except for the messy cutting of the Styrofoam…