Thursday, July 15, 2010

Hexagon Grannies

I'm still sorting, arranging, and grouping craft items together although I'm seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. This yarn stuff and the items at my craft table is it. Since I don't do a lot with yarn anymore I told Madame she could have it. I want the black, yellow, grey, brown and orange for doll hair, she was O.K. with that.
Well, I found another unfinished, yes....unfinished project in the yarn bag.



I told Madame if she wanted to try it, I'd figure out the pattern for her.
Big surprise...she would like to do it.

It's really pretty, it's this hexagon granny afghan. It kind of looks like a honeycomb. Notice how I faded to color themes.

It was somewhat easy to figure out because I had made some multi-colored hexagons and I could clearly see each row. What was hard to figure out was 'what size hook?' I guessed and started with a G since I mostly like to work with G, H, and I. Well, G was a tad too small....it is H.

I would say that I have about a quarter of this blanket done. It's long sided too.


I translated my notes into a pattern and I'm offering them as a freebie.

I hope it's understandable. C&G Design



Words and photos by Dawn,C&G Design.

9 comments:

tina said...

Very neat. Can't wait to see it done. I do like to crochet and love afghans.

Lola said...

That looks so familiar. I made one of the granny square & when it was finished it will fit a regular size bed. I too used all colors in mine.
In fact I did a lot of the squares flat of my back as I was having a LOT of trouble with my back at the time.
Good for Madame for wanting to finish it. It will be gorgeous.

Roses and Lilacs said...

Love the part you have finished.

I tried to learn to knit last winter but could not get the hang of it.
Marnie

Skeeter said...

Such a fun project! Madame will be a busy girl this summer...

Jean Merriman said...

Madame will have it done in no time since she is a chip off the ole block.

Protector of Vintage said...

Very pretty. Wish I knew how to crochet!

Leedra said...

Someday you will be showing us the finished project, that was made by both of you. Think it is great that it can be passed on and some child several generations from now can say their grandmother and great grandmother both worked on it. :)

Debbie said...

I think that hexagon afghan is beautiful! Is that Madame behind it??? Ha ha...Love it! I wrote down the pattern. It seems like an easy one to me but they always do until you start making it! Madame takes right after you Dawn....so neat. I am making a lap blanket right now for Bobbie. I made one for Woody and Alice for xmas...remember? I never did get a photo of them to show you. I have asked Woody to post them on his blog....we'll see if he does? It's kind of a girly thing....he may not...but maybe Alice will send me photos. I am sewing in 90 degree weather because it's too darned hot to go outside!! Yuck I hate this heat. Hey...does Lola have a blog? I can't access it? She was so nice....she came to mine and GoodOldBeans! Thanks Lola!!

Nukke said...

Hi! I linked here on my name my sisters blog !!! In there is another blanket square version, as she wrote it, so I thought you might be interested !!!

And also I linked your page to her page !!! if she is interested in your page :)
comments in her blog comes shown after her approval so it will take a while as she is at the strawberry farm right now working :)

Thnaks for your comment :)
I'm glad you liked the snail :)