Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Toy Shoppe

Yeah! It's Raggedy Wednesday and last week I changed my header due to issues with the background sponsor and I did it a week early. I've been waiting to post this particular post as it's something in my studio, a big part of the supplies being held on the floor and not the cubbies.
This is a toy box I purchased at Salvation Army for $2.98. Gosh! I love their bric a brac or hard goods as another name. It was from a little known store which has now become a BIG store. The ladies were talking amongst themselves, betting that I would buy this. Did I mention I was the only customer in the store at the time? It has more of my wooden items, big surprise I had more supplies than the toy box could hold. I have held this item near and dear, it's in good shape and still has the original casters.

It's also in one of my collectors book. The cost is dated to 1997 and as a rule, items increase $10.00 per decade. Notice that in the photo the toy box hasn't any casters? My box rolls rather easy.
Now you know. C&G Design


Words and photos by Dawn,C&G Design.

7 comments:

tina said...

To buy ANY toy box for less than $3 is incredible!!

Debbie said...

What a find that one is!! I really like that and who else should have it but you!! Well yah! That floor is growing on me so much. I can't wait to see the reveal. How's your garden doing? Are you ready for a few days of rain yet? I am. The bees don't want to let me in MY garden. That's cause I planted everything so darned close! Another lesson in gardening. Love that box!

Jean Merriman said...

WOWSER on that price. The gals in that place know you well!!! Good find as always. Love it and it is great for the studio.

Roses and Lilacs said...

That was a lucky find. Both decorative and useful for storage.
Marnie

Protector of Vintage said...

Wow, I love that!! What a great "find."

Lola said...

Great find wheels or no. Alto the wheels are much more to the advantage. Love it.
We've had plenty of rain. Sure hope you get some.

Skeeter said...

Our Thrift shops dont have those great deals! Our shops tend to price higher and that really upsets me as they tend to be like the fleamarkets now, Gone Comercial...

Anyway, you have a great find there and even though it is mighty handy for your crafts items, I like the picture in the book of the chest being full of dolls...