Friday, August 13, 2010

The Village-Store

I don't know if I mentioned my buildings from my note paper or not but it's changed. Initially it had a school, church, hospital and 2 houses...well, a school, church, hospital and a store!....makes more sense. So, one of the houses has a penciled x through it, replaced with a building that houses food.


I have saved the house for last because it's the most flexible for applique ideas, I can always come up with something even though I used the first idea on another building.

So, what does a shoppe usually look like? It has neon "open" signs and some sort of advertisement for a beverage, beer or soda, it's always there. I figured the most recognized insignia is "Coke a cola" or something similar to it. I came up with a combination of Coke and Pepsi, ha! You get the idea.

The grey square on top of the building is a A/C and heating unit, it also adds another shape although smaller in version.


My canopy windows are close, close, close. They are bright on the brown and are clearly windows.
Note: Next time make canopy with a steeper side angle. C&G Design


Words and photos by Dawn,C&G Design.

3 comments:

tina said...

Love the coke/pepsi sign!

Jean Merriman said...

The village is a growing. Can't wait to see it all put together.

Skeeter said...

The Coke/Pepsi link is a clever idea and you are forever making me mention the word clever! :-)