Monday, February 16, 2009

Yellow Saftey Pin Dress

A little over a month ago I published a post on Bradley Dolls. They are a collection I allow Madame to have and to be all her own. Here is the newest addition, I don't believe she is a Bradley doll though. She is a boudoir doll with a unique dress, the skirt is constructed out of safety pins. I was wondering why so heavy? When I picked her up. At first I thought she is homemade but she is manufactured, Hong Kong to exact.

Well....she has the big elegant eyes with the shining hair, she will fit right in. Madame loves her and so do I.


Her collection is catching up with mine! C&G Design



6 comments:

tina said...

That is very unique. I have seen safety pins used in some really neat ways-people are so creative. I could never figure out something like that.

Skeeter said...

That is an awesome doll and made of safety pins! How cleaver! It just amazes me how people come up with such creative ideas. You keep in with your collections and you may have to add on to the new house. tee hee...

Jean Merriman said...

What a neat idea that is. The clasp part of the pin really makes a nice decorative part to the skirt. I just love it!!

Anonymous said...

That is a lovely doll. I've seen them but couldn't figure out how they were made.

Kathleen said...

I love this doll. She is so terribly chic and sophisticated. Isn't it grand to be Irish? It makes me happy and always has. I bet we'll both be wearing the green on St Pat's day! hugs, Kathleen

Dawn said...

I could really never figure safety pin art either! And it is unique, only to a few. And Yes! The kids and I will be wearing green, they don't want any pinches! Night all.