Saturday, January 3, 2009

Blue Room Pink

I find titles funny, don't you? Kinda like judging a book by it's cover, so humours it can be.
This Pink Saturday post is like that! See How Sweet the Sound for more sharing!
Having a new house with a family room (thank goodness) seems to make the residence have much less time in the living room. Considering this... (and oddly) my formal parlor has a oriental setting to it, oddly because it's farmhousish, but it works!
Here's some of my collection in that room. A cute little glass flower placed purposefully inside my plant terrarium,



So, how adorable is this pincushion!?!!



A magnificent lady, I purchase these sparingly and only because a close high school friend gave me one....which I still have!




Two children sitting on my open stairway. I think the boy might of had a fishing pole or flute in his hand but without it, it's still cunning, it also appears to match another child on the stairway that holds origami.
He's not pink though....
Oh, and I almost forgot, my daughter gave up calling this room by anything we have named so she came up with her own title for it.
She calls it the blue room for the color of the walls! C&G Design

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Blue or Pink it's lovely.
Happy Pink Saturday.

tina said...

Happy Pink Saturday. I think your whole house works well. Especially that wonderful family room.

Jean Merriman said...

It all looks good but I never notice so many Chinese things. Maybe because I have not really spent much time in that room.

Happy Pink Saturday to all and do not forget the meaning of.

SmilingSally said...

It's good to have an extra room! Thanks for sharing. Happy Pink Day.

Skeeter said...

I hope you have lots of pink remainging as you used up several future postings here today. lol...

HAPPY PINK DAY!

Anonymous said...

I ended up with the black crayon...the description was apt, but black? boo...I wanted something fun like periwinkle (which I realize is not in the 8 color crayon box, but who ever buys the 8 color crayon box unless told to by a teacher...always go for the 96 color pack or more...one must have options).

Anyway, Happy Black...I mean Pink Saturday! LOL!

Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

My first pink Saturday... Happy Pink Saturday!

Kathleen said...

Hi Dawn, I love your terririum, especially the two chinese figures in it. They are just delightful! Stay warm! Hugs, Kathleen

The Muse said...

ah i sure love your oriental lady :) shes lovely!

Anonymous said...

Such lovely things..thanks for sharing them. Happy pinks and hope you have a great week.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful collection of pretty things.

Happy Pink Saturday, Dawn.

Unknown said...

Your glass flower is so sweet..a nice addition to the terrarium.

Ellen said...

I just loved the little figurines. :)Ellen

said...

What a lovely Japanese figurine, and the pair below are so cute!

KatCollects said...

Sweet pink items, happy belated pink Saturday.
Kathy

Anonymous said...

Happy Pink Saturday!

Love the pincushion and the two cuties sitting on the stairs are sweet as pie.

Lisa