Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Genuine Birch Wreath Ornament

When I say genuine, I mean it's all me, AND it's all natural materials. Here's my base, twigs from my pin cherry. I wrapped them with fishing line after I'd made a circle out of most of them, then I twisted a lone twig around the mass to add bulk or dimension.

On this day, the weather was wet, it maybe imaginary but I think branches bend better when wet, least that's what I tell myself.

LOOK! At my holly bush! It did really well this year and is pleasing me with many berries.
These are the supplies, it isn't hard......Mother Nature provides us with things the fortunate don't understand.
A conception that came true.....how pretty.
C & G Design.

8 comments:

tina said...

That is pretty and the holly berries look fantastic!

Dawn said...

Good thing I looked at this post last night! I left a L out of holly, that would of been funny to me!
Mailing quilt lady at some point today, have to research it first.

Jean Merriman said...

Wow, the holly bush is great!!! I did'nt know it was hardy here in Maine.

Skeeter said...

White birch is great in Holiday items with bright red berries!

Skeeter said...

I just realized, no music...???..

Dawn said...

No, it was taking too long to load with the music, I still have my playlist tho incase I want it back on.

Anonymous said...

Dawn, that is a very pretty wreath. I love holly especially with the berries. When I was a kid I would take a clothes hanger {wire} bend it into a circle, then go cut small limbs/berries from wild holly tree. I would then wind the limbs around the clothes hanger & secure. That made a beautiful wreath with the hanger already attached. I would love to do that today but hollies are very scarce around here.
You can't beat that white birch bark. It is so pretty & I agree it does help for them to be damp.

Dawn said...

Hi Lola,
I never thought of that! I'll have to do that before long!