Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Rotary Cutter

By far, the most indispensable tool for quilting. As a fresh stitcher I tended to draw lines and use scissors to sash and block. A jump to a rotary cutter can be, in my opinion, compared to sliced bread.





I'm ALWAYS on the look out for the three pictured tools. Rulers are few and far in between and I've never had room for a large size mat.

Some rotary cutters are better than others, they remind me of a pizza cutter, essentially ....that's what they are, except much, much sharper.


I like the safety button and the squeeze handle. Both are a nice feature, letting go of the grip will activate the safety and then the button needs to be pushed every time you use it.



Such a time saver! Cuts cutting (pun intended) time in half. C&G Design






4 comments:

tina said...

You ARE funny person! Pun intended and pizza cutters and sliced bread? Wow! You should sponsor a contest with your favorite tool in the craft room. You know so much about them and I bet everyone could use one. I do scrapbooking occasionally-will this work for that?

Dawn said...

I would think it would work for scrapbooking, sure would make it easier to cut paper, they are very sharp!

Jean Merriman said...

The rotary cutter is a very good craft tool and since they are so sharp, maybe they should be used for cutting pizza as I have yet to find a pizza cutter that works good. Maybe this a light bulb moment!

DP Nguyen said...

What a wonderful tool! I've only used one a few times in my lifetime, but they are sharp things!