Thursday, February 11, 2010

Dollhouse Update

I have ten things going at once, but I'm getting there, slowly but surely! I unveiled a box of dollhouse furniture the other day, yes! From cleaning out my 3rd floor, whew!
This is what the then master bedroom looked like.


Here is what it contains now....I love the brass beds, they are so cute! And for now this room has a little white iron like bed.


The next room is the lower right room, it was a big bathroom at the time but that is now moved to the top of the stairs, I'll have to figure a curtain or wall for privacy sometime in the future. The bathroom in this small area really makes more sense
and this room is now the master. And what a nice one it is!

Ignore the cobweb at the ceiling, it's a realistic touch I thought I'd keep in the photo, probably if I looked closely I'd find a few in my bedroom!
Another brass bed only this one is a full size.
I purchased a big bag full of this stuff at Goodwill years ago. Can you believe it had "NO RETURN" on the price tag!?! A few of the furnishings had legs unglued or knobs missing but that's not a problem for me. Especially with furniture as fancy as these.

Check out the orange organ in the far corner, it even has foot petals! You can't really tell but it has a key cover and when it's open it exposes the music as the sheets are glued to the underside.

I will show you the rest some other day. C&G Design
Words and photos by Dawn,

C&G Design.

9 comments:

tina said...

It's just like Christmas! Love it!

Lola said...

Your doll house is so cute. One could play with it for hours.

Roses and Lilacs said...

Love that striped sofa and chair. They look so real.
Marnie

Skeeter said...

Why does it not surprise me that you have 10 things going at once? lol... I was happy to see my great niece received a doll house for Christmas! She was soooo proud of it and the memories came flooding back to me...

Jean Merriman said...

The little things....love the hangers!!!!! They are just so cute when you think of how small they must be.

Debbie said...

Oh how darling those houses are with all of those realistic looking furnishings! Love it!

Nancy said...

Of course, you have a doll house! How fun. All that redecorating on a miniature scale.

I'm wondering if northern New England will get some snow? Dallas has a foot today! I think we will, about Tuesday when my husband has a 2 hour drive to Canada. :-)

VÄINÖLÄ said...

http://nukketalo.vuodatus.net/blog/category/Sekalaista this is a link to this magnificent dollhouse blog with DIY-INSTRUCTIONS and PRINTABLES and it is in english and finnish and I linked it here !!

Hi , it's me Nukke but I wrote VÄINÖLÄ here in this link :)

Nukke said...

You have to roll that blog down and the on the right side there are those INSTRUCTIONS and those free printables are so usefull.

I would like to try myself but I don't have time and I love taking photos so much but I often look at these dollhouse pages because they are so inspiring !!!!!! Your dollhouse is very nice too !!!!