Tuesday, February 9, 2010

The Extent of my Mid-life Crisis

I did a foolish thing the other day, I had some time to kill while Madame was at cheering so I meandered on over to the dollar store. What did I find you ask? Well, it's always fun to go to the dollar store and as my kids say, "We are the only family that goes into a dollar store and spend 50 bucks." We always manage to find something we want.

Disappointed they didn't add to their craft section since the last time I was there, (Christmas for stocking stuffers) I took a peek at the cosmetics. I didn't buy this lovely red polish, which is what I almost always wear, but i purchased something to try for the first time. Call it a weak moment to spend a buck.

But I always wanted to seed how these would look on me and it's really hard to tell because the polish overage on my flesh but I think I kinda like them. The overage will be easy to peel tomorrow after my hands get wet.

Happily, it is the extent of my mid-life crisis. I wonder if a young teeny bopper will mention them to me?
Maybe secretly to one another. C&G Design

Words and photos by Dawn,

C&G Design.

9 comments:

Nancy said...

Good for you! I say try everything...There is one very special thing I miss about the south...that is a $10 manicure. I need to do one...goes on my little (HA!) list today.

tina said...

That is a small mid life crisis but looks cool!

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Oh Dawn sweetie...
How precious are the little appliques. They look so pretty on your nails. Lovin the color of the polish. So pretty.

I am on a computer all day, so I only wear clear polish. The polish color just kept getting beat off, so I gave up.

Thanks again for sharing sweetie. Love this little mid-life crisis. Your hands look adorable.

Love that Dollar Store.

Country hugs sweetie and so much love...Sherry

Kathleen said...

Dawn, you sexy lady! Who would have known? Looks divine. I say go for whatever you want, life is too short.........or is that a mid-life crisis is too short??? Hugs, Kathleen

Jean Merriman said...

Oh a chip of the ole block....I have spent $50.00 in the Dollar Store many times.

Love the nails with the new addition. I have bought them before but they still are in my nail kit.

Skeeter said...

Mid life crisis, You are a hoot Dawn... I put spider webs on my red nails for Halloween. I did them in a rush so they did not turn out so well. That was the end of my nail appliqués. lol... I will admit a few "fake" tattoos at fun party’s though,after all, a girls gotta have fun... hee hee…

Skeeter said...

Oh and one more thing...
What is wrong with spending $50 at the Dollar Store? My $50 goes further at the Dollar Store then Wal-Mart :-)

CC said...

Love your pretty nails and they suit your sweet personality. I say..welcome mid life crisis..
go red!!!!
p.s. Love the Dollar Store..I always find something I can't live without..

Lola said...

Hooray for the Dollar Store, both of them----Family Dollar & Dollar General. Sure is fun shopping there.
Great looking appliques. I can't seem to be able to wear polish.
Go for it.