Thursday, February 25, 2010

Dolly

Well, I finished my project late last night, remember the one that was keeping me busy and frustrating me? Whew! Done.....I'll post about it tomorrow, I have just a teeny, weeny thing left to do but I'm so tired (11pm) I'm afraid I'll mess it up. Tomorrow.
Anyway, I unpacked more patterns and had forgotten about this little cutie. I have always wanted to make her, I even have her hair, (made from a unraveled sweater!)that I saved from long ago. I've hesitated because she is soft sculpture, constructed with nylon hose and tights. I haven't done well with this technique but I think now is the time to try again, so get ready.

She is just so darn cute. C&G Design

Words and photos by Dawn,

C&G Design.

5 comments:

Nancy said...

Oh, this does look cute!

Up early to do shipping. I've actually had some sales, go figure. Could it be that 90% off thing? LOL!

It's melting outside...I'm sure that means nothing more than ice since we still have March and April.

Can't wait to see your completed one.

tina said...

You'll do fine. I had a kit of a soft sculpture doll but recently gave it to my friend's daughter. Not sure if she'll ever do it but it seemed simple. Looking forward to seeing your project!

Jean Merriman said...

Look forward to them both.

Skeeter said...

A dollie on a swing, How sweet! Will you put yours on a swing as well???

Lola said...

It is very pretty. You will do fine.
She looks really cute in the swing. Spring is coming.