Friday, October 2, 2009

Alot of purple and some green

I picked up a desk this week, it's for Madame, she wanted something to put her "Craft" machine on and eventually a computer. I love this little Pixie machine, it's made by Singer and it's adorable! It also has a automatic stitching in the slow speed or the fast, in addition to using the foot petal.
Mainly so the user can get use to stitching straight before having to do both the petal and guiding the fabric at the same time. But, check out this desk, one would figure that by looking at it Madame would want it painted, nope...she wants to keep it this color.

Can you see her walls are purple? I thought the green would be too much but like her Dad, she likes this color.



Oh, I'll tolerate it for awhile then I'll strip it and stain it. C&G Design




8 comments:

Nancy said...

I really like the two colors together! Happy! Fun!

I'd like to feature you on Pink Saturday. May I use the giveaway pic? Or, do you have a better one? I thought PS would be best. (I know, not pink, but we have request to mention others.)

tina said...

It has such character and looks like a good job. I love it!

Roses and Lilacs said...

It goes perfectly with the machine. I think fun colors are kind of inspiring when you are doing craft projects.
Marnie

Protector of Vintage said...

My daughter's room is painted purple, too. The desk is cute for a young girl!

Jean Merriman said...

She always has like purple so I am not shocked that she wants it the way it is. I even like it. Now that is a shock. For some reason I just think it all ties in together and adds to the room.

Skeeter said...

Madame is sure an artsy one as they seem to go for the wild colors at a young age. My niece the Art Major was the same way. Thank goodness her wild colors schemes have changed as she has become an adult... lol I love purple but not so practical with decorating so I have lots of purple in the garden...

Lola said...

Great looking room. I think the desk goes perfect. I like purple also. Some colors seem to inspire the talents-gets the juices flowing.

Kieny The Dutchlady said...

I like it this way, the green and purple. If I were you I would leave it the way it is, at least for a while.