Sunday, October 4, 2009

Messenger Bag by Madame

Ah, well, I HAVE created a monster! One like Elmo or Kermit or even the Stay-Puff man from Ghostbusters! (as I show my age) Anyway, Madame is itching everyday for a project, on this day (Friday) She decided it would be a messenger bag. Perfect! I didn't realize how hard it was to come up with simple sew projects that are worth while. She had easily whipped up a pillow (which is awaiting a foam form) and a strip quilt would be a bit to much to do independently, I did not want her to exhaust her happily found fabric at Goodwill, so here was her suggestion. I talked her through making it reversible. The above photo shows the two selected fabrics that were sewn together with right sides facing one another, then turned right side out through a 4 inch gap.
Then it's a envelope fold with a strap done in the same method as the bag (right sides together, turn), attach the strap where the flap folds. I really like the peace side and not the skulls and roses, but....I was a kid once too!
C&G Design


5 comments:

Skeeter said...

Who would have thought to put Skulls and Rose's together! Ha...
Wonderful project Madame!

Jean Merriman said...

The skull side will be good for this month with Halloween coming. Great job Madame!!

Debbie said...

Oh I love it Madame!! I am an old hippee at heart and I am in love with that bad! Nice job...what a little seamstress you have created Dawn!

tina said...

She's a chip off the old block!

Lola said...

Great job Madame. Keep it up. Like Mother like Daughter.