Monday, October 26, 2009

A New Movie

I'm excited to announce that this Friday there will be a released remake film of "The Prisoner", a series that aired 1967-68, starring Patrick Mcgoohan, 1928-2009. I watched the episodes on PBS as a kid and I've never forgotten about it. Also my 11th grade English teacher (voted most fave teacher for 8 years) dressed like the prisoner and acted very similar to him. The Prisoner is a spy, sci-fi, psychological thriller where a un-named government (?)worker resigns from his position only to be gassed, kidnapped and contained to a mysterious village, assigned the name of number six. The opening credits have the main character driving a Lotus through the streets of London which Mr Mcgoohan insisted on. Number six tries to escape his imprisonment by running to the beach (end of the world) and "Rover" the big white sphere is always there to bring him back! No matter.


With episodes like meeting ones alter ego and having a show down for Number 2 (Who is number 1!) or being in the center of the village playing chess with human chess pieces, "The Prisoner" will have you wanting more.




Click on the link to see the opening credits.






"I am not a number!" "I am a free man!" Sorry I couldn't resist. C&G Design

6 comments:

CC said...

This sounds absolutely wonderful and something I would enjoy.Hopefully I will be able to catch it when it comes on.

tina said...

Huh, never heard of it but I'll keep my eyes open.

Roses and Lilacs said...

I haven't heard of it either. Generally I enjoy scifi.
Marnie

Lola said...

That sure looked familiar. I remember the ball/balloon going across the water.

Jean Merriman said...

Wow, 2 days in a row you got me. Don't ever remember you watching it or hearing about it but maybe I tuned it out. Never like stuff like that as I always thought it too far fetched. Not a clue where you and Tina got it from as your father was never real keen on that stuff either.

Debbie said...

This looks and sounds really familiar to me and the pictures do too. I will be looking for it...thanks for sharing the info. Pretty cool...