Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Urgent

My son who has been playing the center position (player hiking the ball) for 9 years has just moved his position number to a full back, who-hoo! He has wanted this for along time coming. Last varsity game he was sent in as full back (player who clears the hole for the ball to be ran thru or the player actually running the ball for "down the middle yardage")
In my sons words he almost hyperventilated thinking he may do something wrong. My husband and listened to the game on the radio and when the announcers said "he was really clocked, he's down with equipment failure", I said to myself, that sounds like a hit from my son....NAH! Sure enough, he knocked the kids helmet clean off his head. The announcer couldn't say his name because he had a lineman's number, in fact the other team complained about that even though their full back is about the same size. My son has non-stopped talking about it ever since, he asked for the video to bring home and let us view it and the coach told him "Penn state called and wanted to see it!" Ha! I guess it was all he needed to muster the courage to ask for another jersey number, and guess what!? According to the answer he got, he will be wearing a new number this week. To which I reiterated, he needed to work his behind off, both academically and physically! C&G Design

10 comments:

Lola said...

Way to go son of Dawn. Great ball playing.
Congratulations.

Roses and Lilacs said...

Great news. Good luck to your son in his new position.
Marnie

tina said...

Good luck to him in his position. I do hope the other boy is okay. The hits football players take can cause long term effects that are not a good thing.

Kathleen said...

I have been right out straight....auctions, grandkids, and more. Sorry to have been away so long. Madame is one beautiful young lady. And your son! You and your husband must be so proud. Way to go! Hugs, Kathleen

Jean Merriman said...

A big congrats to the Babe!!!!! Way to go Babe. Is the game at Brunswick this Friday? We will be there. Hope I am right on it being this coming Friday. What time is it and are you guys coming?

Debbie said...

Congratulations to him!! Whoooohoooo....there is nothing more satisfying than to see your kids happy and productive and doing what they love. Way to go!!

Protector of Vintage said...

So happy to hear of your son's football success!!

Nancy said...

You are a brave Mom! I am so happy my 6'3" son was a swimmer. Great job and way to support dreams, Mom!

On the kitchen cabinets...I was absolutely going to paint my oak cabinets white because I really don't like oak. BUT, we added some really good Pottery Barn oil rubbed bronze knobs and handles (courtesy AmX points, so free!). It changed the room up so much, I abandoned what would have been a huge painting job.

Dawn said...

Mom, Yep, this Friday at seven and we are going. Bring your winter coat and a blanket. Hope David comes too, might want to let R-well know.
Tina, the other kid was fine, the schools all have a sports trainer on site for injuries.
Thanks, guys!

Skeeter said...

The Babe is really rocking now!