Friday, October 9, 2009

Lace

I picked up this wonderful book at one of our local discount stores, I'll bet it would be able to be found at the Christmas Tree Shop. My review of this book on Lace is wonderful! Usually when dealing with lace, the craft has kind of a throw together look or a girlish appearance, not true with the projects in this "how too". Just look at this coverlet, who wouldn't want this romantic quilt on their bed?

This backpack is boss! It's a simple backpack pattern with a doily as a flap and gimp as straps. You attach the lace over your cut pattern, easy peasy.


I love this dress form, wouldn't it make a great pincushion?



Lovely vintage looking ornaments. They will be my first project from this book, I have several cotton roses in the size of a silver dollar. At the time I purchased them I wasn't sure what to do with them. Now I know......





C&G Design




11 comments:

Tracey said...

Thanks for a little inspiration..love lace and have tons of it... wondering what to do with it! Lovely post.. glad I'm stopping by!

tina said...

I like lace too but only really use it as doilies. That pincushion is neat!

Roses and Lilacs said...

Beautiful pictures. The Christmas tree ornaments would look good on my tree.
Marnie

Debbie said...

Dawn...I am in love with ALL of those projects and think they are just beautiful! Easy peasey? I think not! Well...not for me....but YOU being the seamstress that we have all come to know and love...now that IS Easy Peasey! Can't wait to see your craft project completed.:) I am finally posting some of my before and after photos today. Been busy once again. "Sigh"

Skeeter said...

Lace has such a dainty look to me. My grandmother made dresses for me and they usually had a bit of lace for that girly look. I was such a Tom Boy and she tried so hard to keep me girly. hee hee...

Protector of Vintage said...

Sounds like a neat book. Can't wait to see your creations.

Jean Merriman said...

All of the items shown are just stunning. When I was a kid lace was used a lot more than it is today. I was always in awe of people that did tatting. Is that how you spell it?

Kathleen said...

What a great book. I love lace, and am always trying to come up with new ideas for it. Have you ever tried dying lace? I haven't, but have been tempted to. Tomorrow is my 6th wedding anniversary...But we have known each other for 33 years. Isn't life interesting? Have a great week-end. Hugs, Kathleen

Lola said...

I love lace. To me it's Victorian or antique. I sewed some on towels once & still have the towels. Oh I use to go all out & made all kinds of stuff. Did a whole bathroom once. Waste can & all. Peach with large white dots. Maybe that's why they didn't take them when they broke into my home. lol
Cute pincushion.
Happy Anniversary, Kathleen.

Martha's Favorites said...

Wow, it looks like a great book. Thanks for sharing. I love things with lace. A home is not a home without lace. Thanks for your visit today. It is always a pleasure when I hear from you. Blessings, Martha

Leedra said...

Lovely lace. The backpack is neat looking.