Saturday, October 3, 2009

Pink Saturday Pretties

It won't be long and the snow will be flying up here in the Northeast. I always get in a reflective spirit when autumn falls, just something about the summer leaving and on every day, finding yourself missing the life and sounds of the warmth. These are photos taken yesterday, it was a chilly 50 degree all day and the leaves are falling fast. My Pee Gee Hydrangea.

My snowball bush, I'm in awe of how pretty the color is on this little shrub, the camera really doesn't show it well.


My Autumn Joy sedum,



and a close-up, sorry for the blurs on the edges, I find this flower so hard to photograph, too much detail I guess.


More hydrangea by my white birch, don't they compliment another?


And one of my maples, I know it's more scarlett than pink but I JUST needed to count it in.
Join Beverly and all others for even more pinks. C&G Design






13 comments:

tina said...

Just dig up that maple and send it down my way okay? Love it!

Nancy said...

Love love love the flowers. Are you using Photoscape now? I think the pics look brighter no matter what you are using. Happy Pink Saturday!

Skeeter said...

Happy Pink Day as well as Pink Month!

Your colors are beautiful...

Jean Merriman said...

Wow Dawn, you have a lot more color than us. Amazing what a few miles can do. You being so much higher than us and us being on the coast really does make a big difference but it still always amazes me.

Before I read what you said I was thinking how much I like the hydarangea with the white birch. I have several white birch off to the side of my hydrangea so now I wish they were together. Very pretty.

Kathleen said...

Hi Dawn....yes, fall is certainly in the air. THe leaves have started falling, and a frost killed my last plant...a geranium. When my husband gets home (from a trip to Washington State) he has a huge Honey-Do list. It includes getting the firewood in, and other seasonal chores. Have a great week-end! Hugs, Kathleen

Protector of Vintage said...

Your property looks beautiful!!

Debbie said...

Spectacular colors Dawn! Isn't it beautiful in the northeast this time of year? My absoute favorite season is the fall. Hey...I am back blogging...first entry today.

CC said...

Your flowers are just gorgeous... the hydrangeas and that beautiful bark on the birch is just so very,very pretty. Happy Pinks and have a lovely weekend.

Lola said...

HAPPY PINK SATURDAY, love all those pinks. That Maple is gorgeous.

♥Mimi♥ said...

The air is cooler, the days are shorter, winter is on its way. From now until April of next year I will have to rely on Pink Saturday for my pink fix!

Thanks for participating this week and for helping my day be just a little bit more pink and sweet!

Wishing you a wonderful weekend filled with the love of family and good friends.

Char said...

Maples are gorgeous this time of year. Happy racking. Happy Pink Saturday, Char

Lynn said...

Yes.
You are in!
(for my giveaway!)

Jenny said...

HPS!! Great pinks!