Saturday, October 17, 2009

A Few Favorites

I'm becoming obsessed with my blue room, every since I finished the couch I've been itching to reupholster all the other furnishings.
This is a post about pink Saturday though, join Beverly for others who like me....enjoys sharing their pinks too! This is one of my upholstering projects, it will be my second time restoring it. I have no idea of the age because it was another Goodwill find, I really wasn't looking for a chair at the time because I had no room for it, but the poor guy that was in charge of keeping the floor in the store organized was tired of moving it. Maybe as a joke he offered it to us (while lifting it again), for $1.99 and we foolishly took him up on the offer. I recovered it with this lovely pinkish rose fabric and placed it in the office for my employees to sit on when they arrive for their workload. Big mistake. Heating oil service technicians don't always stay clear from soot and over time the arms and the left wing became too stained, too quickly. I have another pink ribbon/rose fabric picked especially for to new cover on this chair.

I love these pillows, I made them all except the satin one, my mother in law made that one for a Christmas present. The little black one I crocheted about 20 years ago, it was a first attempt at the pineapple pattern. I goofed it, the pattern is supposed to lay flat but instead mine curled like a hat. So the plan changed and it became this adornment for the black velvet. At the time I was so proud how vintage it appears, today it is vintage! I also had to pry it from Madame, I didn't realize she had it until I was mentioning it's location to my hubby.
I made the brother and sister dolls too, they sat in the dining room until they lost their spot to another doll! Moving my collection around is what I do. C&G Design

Reminder* Drawing for my give-a-way will be Wednesday, click on the Ann and Andy photo for more details* ENJOY*

17 comments:

tina said...

Moving collections around seems to be the word of the day. I'm getting tired of moving plants let me tell you. Love the fabric. I think the whole chair looks vintage and comfy.

Nancy said...

I'm so glad to hear I am not the only one moving collections around. I put 10 items on my website and then reward myself with a little decorating. The bookcase is almost done for now.

Good for you taking on the pineapple pattern. I always think I will do my projects! HA!!! Time, even for one without outside commitments, is so short.

Can't wait to see the upholstery project.

Oh, and my husband says Spruce Peak and the ski trails have snow and are making it now. What is the date?

Happy Pink Saturday!

Lola said...

Happy Pink Saturday.
Love to move stuff around. Put some things up then later put them out again.
Love that chair.

Debbie said...

I can't believe you upholstered that chair too! I am trying to do a footstool and can't seem to figure that one out! I love that fabric and the story about the oil technicians sitting in it. Your heart was in the right place...trying to make them comfy cozy while waiting! This must be your busy time of year? The pineapple pattern? I wouldn't even attempt it! My mother in law does AMAZING work with crochet...I have a pineapple large doily on my kitchen table she made...so much work!! The pillows...the dolls and the chair are all so cool Dawn. You are a Jackie of all trades! I wish I could put a face to you. Would you ever consider letting us see a photo of you...just your face? I will if you will! It's a challenge!!

Jean Merriman said...

I love that style chair and they are so comfy. Love how you got it and the price!!! Amazing buy and I also love the frabic that is on it now.

I think I have almost thawed out. LOL. Football is not my thing anyway so to do it in this cold is pure love I tell ya.

Protector of Vintage said...

The chair and pillows are beautiful!! Such talent~

Skeeter said...

I like the Chair, doll, pillows and Happy Pink Day too...

pinkkandy said...

Happy Pink Saturday....it is a beautiful day but I am stuck inside feeling yucky..so here I sit visiting you !!!!!
God Bless You and keep you this week..
Kandy

Susie Jefferson said...

Wonderful - this chair looks SO comfortable, and I love the pink on the black velvet. So dramatic!

Happy Pink Saturday!

Unknown said...

Another blogger from Maine, just stopping to say hi! Wish I were good at crafts, but that gene is missing from my DNA!

Patricia said...

Happy Pink Saturday to you - I love your pillows they are very beautiful. Have a wonderful new week.

CC said...

Hi Dawn..
I love all your pretty things and you've even redesigned your site. I love it..it's really,really pretty.
Happy Pinks and have a wonderful week.

♥Mimi♥ said...

Sorry I'm a little late. Seems like when the sun is out I feel a desperate need to go outside and run errands or just life my face to the heavens and soak in the last rays before winter hits my neck of the woods.

It's always so much fun to share in the pink goodness of the blogs gathered together for Pink Saturday. A collection of some of the nicest women and prettiest blogs in cyberspace!

Wishing you a weekend filled with l♥ve and sunshine!

fitty's pinky rose cottage said...

I move my collections around the house too! and your home decor just lovely! thanks for sharing..

have a great weekend!
fitty

Margie said...

Lovely fabric and pillows! I love to bring out all my collections and go through them. I'm always surprised by what I forgot that I had!

Have a lovely week!
Margie

Char said...

I love to move collections around, it seems everytime I really want to get in there and clean, I move it all......Happy Pink Saturday, Char

Leslie said...

Happy Pink Saturday a day late! Please stop by my blog-I'm doing a giveaway until Friday, 10/23. Hugs, Leslie