Sunday, October 25, 2009

Boo!

Last night the elementary school had their annual Halloween party, there were some really cute costumes like a Twister game (One of madame's close friend) she had a short skirt like blouse with large Twister dots on it and the word "Twister" imprinted on the lower hem. One little girl was a cupcake, she had a white layered collar (overlapping and larger on different sides) made from felt with a brown pocket like shirt (starting under the arms) appearing like the ripples of the cupcake paper and a felt cherry pinned to her head, so cute! Madame, who is a fan of Tim Burton, went as the corpse bride, so simple for me this year. Her gown has sleeves with the same strips of fabric and so does the bottom of the gown, no one recognized her! Good!
UPDATE: To Friday's post and the status to my son's high school football.
It was a tough game fought real well, the opponents started out strong and scored right away, then again at the start of the 2nd quarter, we rallied back at the last five minutes of the 2nd by scoring and kicking a field goal, now it's 14 to 7. Well, with .8 seconds to go before half our side had a illegal receiver down field and the penalty put 12 seconds back on the clock. Good thing because they fumbled, the ball bounced into our hands and the player ran for 35 yards and scored, we kicked and tied with 00 seconds on the clock. Break to the half. Our bleacher were full, it was senior night and the band also had a halftime show they couldn't play during homecoming because the parade was cancelled due to rain. The youth pass, punt and kick took place also. I must say.....it's very exciting to have every spectator rise to their feet at once, we just wanted a score before the half and now we had a chance. My son finally had a run once on the second play, up the middle for no yards but it was all it took. A kick-off return brought a run from the other side to almost a touchdown, alas, my son was last on the sideline containment, no way! No way will he catch this guy. He did, he told us as parents "I didn't know I could run that fast, my body was ahead of my legs and I thought I'd fall, but I reached and I pushed him out". Our local radio station said and "z....m... showing speed!" My husband and I, who were sharing earplugs, laughed. It wasn't going to happen that they would touchdown on that play, not on his starting day.
Well, we scored again in the 4th, so did they, tie again. With 5 minutes and 38 seconds left of the game they had another touchdown and 2 point. We had a turnover 2 times with in the remaining time and couldn't pull it out. 28 to 21, tough fought. The players ended this season the best I've ever seen them end, everyone did their best and should be proud. My son has another year playing and is quite happy being a back, (tail, half, or full) he worked hard this year and I hope to have that feeling rub off for the remaining of the year.
This year's Viking horns (peeled off the helmet, after being earned each year) are stuck on top of his bedroom door facing the family room, let it be a reminder....C&G Design

5 comments:

Kathleen said...

It sounds like a really great game. I wish I could have been in the bleachers to see it all happen. Congrats to your son on a successful year. Madame makes a very lovely corpse bride. Tim Burton would approve. I always wanted to be something "pretty" at Halloween. Now, I just pass out candy..........hugs, Kathleen

Jean Merriman said...

I looked in the paper to see who won the game and thought it must have been a good game from the scores. Having fun and giving it your all counts for a lot, a whole lot.

Do not even know who Tim Burton is but I guess that is cause I am old. But I usually do try to keep up on stuff but guess I have missed that. I'll have to try harder. She looks good anyway. A big part of "dressing up" is to fool people as to who you are and she did a great job there. I would not have known it was Madame!!!

Skeeter said...

Madame makes a good Corpse Bride!
And congrats to Babe for his outstanding year in football....

You gave quit a suspenseful game commentary there. I was at the edge of my seat....

Debbie said...

Oh Dawn I thought I was listening to Howard Koselle!! Do you remember him?? You told it play by play and did a fantastic job!! Your son not only did his best but it sounds like he got some great recognition as well!! Great job all around!! How exciting was that game! Thanks for updating us all....I was wondering and I have been away from the computer lately...been busy...thanks...and you should be so proud of him!! Also...Madame makes a wonderful Corpse bride...I think she would be cute in ANY costume though. Of COURSE you make her costumes?! It hadn't even (Dawned)ha ha...on me...but now it makes perfect sense. Nice job with it and she looked pretty spooky...:)

Nancy said...

Oh, thanks so much for the update. Wow, that must have been one exciting game!

I miss going to games. I think if I lived in a town (village) with football, I would go just to watch even if I didn't have a player on the field.

Great job by your son. As he knows, it's not just the winning.