Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Blog redesign

OHHHH, my gOODness! Today is the day I finally put everything together for a poll on my blog redesign. Remember I wanted something different when I reached 500 posts? Here they are, I'm delighted with all of them, in fact it will be hard for me to choose.

1. Ann and Andy on a swing with brown hearts border.
I'd like to put these together for you but that would entail printing, cutting (for real), and taping only to rescan. Trust me, these are the combinations I can really be pleased and happy with.

2. Multi Ann with the turquoise dots border.
Because some of these graphics loaded at a different size, some have blurred from me trying to get them to a same measure, you get the idea.


3. Ann on a fence with beige, turquoise flower paper border.
I also have to add that the borders come from HOT bliggity Blog, free borders and I must of changed my mind a ga-zillion times. They have about 500 free backgrounds and they are easy to load.



4. Ann and Andy sitting, sharing a heart with a heart border.
As you can tell by sight, some of these took more work than others. Redesigning a site, store and or blog is no easy task. But I'm learning!



5. Fairies flying for Fido and Ann with purple flowers and button border.
All images are from the 80+ year old illustrations of Johnny Gruelle, creator of Ann and Andy. They so touch my heart. C&G Design.

10 comments:

Tracey said...

I like design #5.. really like how cute she looks with her dog and love the border.. just my opinion. Good Luck!

tina said...

I like Ann on the fence. All are nice!

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

I love design #5. The fairies are always so magical, and Ann is peering out the window to see. Each time you post she will be peering out the window to see us. I love it most of all. Thanks for sharing sweetie.

Stop by soon. I always love it when you do. Country hugs, Sherry

Roses and Lilacs said...

I like #3 and #5, it's hard to choose. #3 is funny, it made me smile, and #5 is kind of magical;)
Marnie

Jean Merriman said...

The headers are all great but then I would think that as I do love the sweet Ann and Andy. What is not to love?

I love the words in the #1 header. They say so very much. But I would like the #3 side border with it.

#5 header really is magical like Country Wings said but as with my other picked header I would use a different side border with it. I really like the side border you have with it, just not the 2 together.

However, I do think whatever you finally pick it will look wonderful and we will all enjoy it!!

Debbie said...

Oh Dawn! These are ALL you! They are all wonderful. My favorites are Raggedy Ann with the dog and on the fence. I love the beige/turquoise flower paper and the purple flowers and button paper with each of those! But...you will decide which one is best for you and it will fit you like a glove. I intend on changing my site too when I can!! Choices are hard....I don't know how you narrowed it down to this many!!

Nancy said...

Okay, I'm not even sure what post I'm on, but my vote for the blog design is 3. Ann on a fence with beige, turquoise flower paper border. I absolutely love that one!

On teenage boys, YOU will survive! On the other hand, my 20 year old STILL does not have his license!!! Yupper...he didn't meet with the program, and if you are following along, this is one BRILLIANT kid! At the time, we would have bought him a brand spanking new safe car!!! But, no. So, he takes his dates out on the trolley in New Orleans. (which is better in my overall thrifty, safe, and "green" book!)

I wouldn't survive football for a 16 year old, much less a car. Best of luck. BTW, I was probably the only suburban mom NOT on prescribed drugs for stress. I'm not much into that, either. But, I'm sure it would help! LOL!

Best of luck to all.

Birgit said...

Oh Dawn, are these all your creations?? They're wonderful!! I truly love them all but if I had to choose a favorite I would choose the one with annie and her dog looking out the window at the fairies. It's just so cute and whimsical.
Great job!
Hugs~ Birgit

Kathleen said...

I like #4. All the red hearts seem so appropriate. I commend you on your designing skills, Dawn. There is no way I could pull this off. Nice work, you made it hard to choose a favorite. Hugs, Kathleen

Skeeter said...

Geesh, I am not sure which one to pick as they are all wonderful!
I like:
The saying on #1...
The party atmosphere of #2...
The border of #3...
The sweetness of #4...
The picture of #5...

Does this help you out? Maybe use them all with a different one each month!