Friday, November 27, 2009

Ornament Kits

Sometimes I get going on sewing and crafting to the point where I need something repetitive or "mushy" type work for me to relax with. Something simple but sweet. So many things to choose from! I've found I have picked up little things here and there, this is my classic example of simple and sweet. I know I have many more of these kits hanging about and one of my future ideas is to make those ornaments that are wrapped with floss, wrapped in such a way they are really a work of art. Until then we will do the kits and save the pattern for more of my other supplies.

I used my paint palette to keep my beads under control, there is nothing worse than a runaway bead with a bad attitude! I decided on the palette as opposed to counting out all the supplies and matching them with the list. Aw, I might not follow the pattern anyhow.



As we moved along, I decided this wasn't as simple as I thought it was, very finger numbing and meticulous, I also glued my pins before setting them. According to the instructions, that was not recommended because placement might change, it is recommended you do gluing after all pieces were done. Heck! No!


This one is called Vanilla and Gold, to me it looks like a crown. C&G Design


8 comments:

Skeeter said...

Yep, I see the crown! When doing small tedious work such as this, I find an old pair of tweezers helpful to the fingers...

tina said...

It is a work of art indeed!

Debbie said...

Hi Dawn! Hope you had a fantastic Thanksgiving! This is really beautiful and does look like tedious work! Nice job! My, my, you must have a house chock full of arts and crafty type stuff! Reminds me of my upstairs room. I have so many unfinished projects! It's nice though because I get bored easily and can pick any one of them up at any time I guess.

Jean Merriman said...

I also see the crown and also with Skeeter I used to use tweezers. When I used to use little things like that I used the little plastic boxes with all the different sections
but I would not buy them in the craft section but in the fishing department as they were cheaper. But yet they were the exact same thing!!!

Lola said...

Great job Dawn. I also see the crown.
Yep, fishing boxes sure work better in a lot of ways. I used tweezers also.

Protector of Vintage said...

Very pretty!!

Nancy said...

I still want to see the Nutcracker! How absolutely fun. It is raining, but no snow. I am so thankful for that right now.

I hope you have the ballet pics to share.

CC said...

I love your ornament..there is a crown there..a very pretty crown. You do such pretty things..