Sunday, November 22, 2009

Boudoir Doll-part 2

I received my 6 patterns in the mail the other day, how wonderful they are. MJ from Mj vintage patterns enlarged these patterns to what seems like a enormous size, I'm guessing Kewpie is approximately 24 inches tall, that's giant size for the little doll! Anyway, I finally got a breather to look closely at the negligee for the boudoir doll and decided I had a snafu. The pattern states if your doll doesn't have a chest you'll have to add one with a piece of silk stocking and fiberfill. Well, I'll be...... Come to think of it, I don't believe I have ever made a chesty doll before, never thought of it before. The pattern said the top of the pajamas wouldn't work if the doll didn't have a chest, because I really thought of trying it without the boobs but in the end, I gave in and made them, as you can see.....a reasonable size, not too big, not too little. I must admit, it says something for the doll.

I have not shown the turban yet (but I will), trust me when I tell you it is silver, where does that leave me? Silver negligee? Or silver underwear? The fabric is pretty stiff so the underwear it is, I was afraid that once the negligee was done, it wouldn't flow quite right with the stiffness, that's the reasoning behind my decision. Turned out this stuff is awful so the little of it the better! The treads came loose all the time and it's just not that pretty, just the same...I was determined to match it to the hair turban.
She came out pretty good and even with a 4 times reduction in the pattern nothing was lost from the shape of it.


How does she look? Maybe next time I could make a smaller waist although she might not be able to sit this well if I do. C&G Design.
PS, Blue, pink, or green were the choices for the negligee, can you guess which one I used?


7 comments:

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Good Morning Dawn...
OMG she is so beautiful. I am so loving her. I would say you chose pink. I love her little underclothese. The fluff around her face is so pretty. She has the face of an angel. I can't wait to see her finished.

The love you share with your hands is so totally amazing to me. You must have a very large room to display all these dolls in.

Have a beautiful day sweetie. Please stop by and say hi. I so love the company.

Country hugs...Sherry

Christi @ A Southern Life said...

Very pretty! Love the turban.

Christi @ A Southern Life

tina said...

You did a good job on the chesty doll. Too funny.

Jean Merriman said...

Good job on the boob job!!!! She looks very good indeed. I say green since the green is under he. Can't wait to see her finished.

Protector of Vintage said...

Wow! She looks amazing!! Great job.

Jennifer Swan Hopkins said...

I Love her - but oh how I grinned at giving her boobs. Then I read the comments - LMAO! Boob job, heh heh.

Thank you for your visit, I am very tired but it was such a productive weekend.

Have a great week, xJ

Debbie said...

What a great boob job!! Ha ha...I am in awe of your abilities Dawn!!