Sunday, November 15, 2009

Purchased Vintage Patterns

I'm excited I've found a vendor on EBay that sells vintage patterns, she has 600 patterns up for offer and I sat through looking at everyone of them! Three faced doll. Mostly what you see from my first purchase is recognisable dolls, one pattern is a baby crawling, this one is Kewpie! I've never seen a cloth Kewpie and I'm anxious to see how all the little details are done. And who doesn't know Humpty Dumpty, the only difference is the pattern is large enough to make it a pajama bag. It reads the pattern can be a large doll though, either way....I was getting this one! Wouldn't he look great painted and varnished?

I purchased the crawling baby because I'm intrigued about the steadiness of the arms and legs, chances are the fabric needs to be cut on the bias, diagonally to the weave.


And the boudoir clothing pattern! Now you can see what my doll will be wearing! (the little items are a hat and garter)


Beloved Belindy, Raggedy Ann and Andy's nanny.

Visit MJ Vintage Patterns. C&G Design

7 comments:

tina said...

Great to find a good source of patterns.

Debbie said...

Oh Dawn this is right up your alley! Good for you. With enough digging on the internet these days, you can find just about anything! The doll I asked for every Christmas as a young child was the Thumbelina Doll. Do you know of it? She was the most cuddly doll and I always looked forward to getting her. I haven't seen her since?

Jean Merriman said...

They are all great pattern and I can't wait to watch them all come to life thru your brilliant sewing.

CC said...

What great finds!!!!! I can't wait to see these little sweeties when you've made them. I specially love Belindy and the kewpie. Hurry,hurry and make them, so you can show us..

Protector of Vintage said...

Sounds like you are going to busy!!

Skeeter said...

What a tiny garter....

Nancy said...

Oh, so cute. I'm so glad you found her.

Dawn, I have two portable file boxes full of old OLD embroidery transfers. I really think there is at least one doll pattern in there. I so hope it is not one you have already. I'm thinking...February to get that far.