Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Projects

I'm wondering if anyone noticed, while photographing my painted doll, she is seen laying on a box. Yep, I pulled some more stuff from my pending craft room. Pictured above.
I wasn't to bright doing this, I let the bags roll down the stairs and I heard something break. Who puts fragile items in a bag!?! Obviously I do. I ended up with a dime size piece of arm broken to "Trudy" :( :( I'm not that happy about it but I'm glad that was all. Could of been worse.
This brings me to my point, 3, count them....3 doll projects (Oh, I can just do this and that and imagine....) for your consideration. Which would you like to see: (at least next!)


1. A full composition doll that needs minor repairs to the face, repairs to her wig and dressing.
2. A boudoir doll construction (I have only the head) and dressing.
3. Trudy, a 3 faced doll in need of a body and dressing, including a bonnet to conceal 2 of the faces at one time.

I have a bid on EBay for boudoir clothing so there maybe a small stall on that one but nothing bad. My vote would be for the boudoir doll but don't let me influence you, they all need to be done.

Let me know your thoughts. C&G Design

9 comments:

tina said...

I vote Trudy but I'd like to see them all.

Roses and Lilacs said...

I'm afraid I don't know what a boudoir doll is. Trudy the three faced doll sounds very interesting.
Marnie

Nancy said...

Boudoir! And, your doll turned out just so absolutely well. I could not have pictured such a special result. Shout out for you today, in a minute or two.

Oh, and I have made an absolute horror of a mess around here while adding items to my store. There is stuff covering almost every horizontal surface. Almost done adding items and then I can put it all back in my trim room.

Skeeter said...

What in the world is a 3 faced doll?

Jean Merriman said...

I am betting that I will enjoy seeing them all. Have fun.

CC said...

I agree..the boudoir doll. I would love to see her. bUt then, I would love any of them..your dolls are just gorgeous.
I had something sweet and beautiful come in the mail today and I have posted of the safe arrival of my newest friends, Ann and Andy. They made it safely all the way to Texas and seem to love their new home. Come see...

Dawn said...

That's 2 for boudior and 2 for Trudy, with me, it means -boudior.
Marnie, a boudior doll is like a elongated flapper dancer of the 20's, the doll is typically 30''. It's called boudior because the attire was either lounging wear or elaborate dresses cut from fabric (skirts) on a complete round, instead of panels making the flair of the skirt part. Many people would set them in the center of the made bed. Thus boudoir. Some held cigarettes!
Skeeter, Trudy is a mold of one little baby who has a sleep, happy and crying face. The head is seamed at each face with a small knob on top of the head that protrudes out a bonnet. Turning the knob will change the face as it rotates easy at the neck. The bonnet keeps the other 2 faces hidden. I don't have the original Trudy, just a porceline image.
I will include examples on my Thursday post, both Trudy and boudoir. BTW One of the other patterns I'm buying is a cloth Trudy! Like I need more patterns....

tina said...

Love the new look! Purple is a great color!

Debbie said...

I would say do what your heart pulls you towards. They all sound great and I know they will be wonderful!