Sunday, November 8, 2009

Painted Doll-part 3, clothing

I'm hoping that tomorrow will be the unveiling of the painted doll, she really did not take a lot of time to make and was fun. I'll be doing another with the alterations from the things I've learned, until then I'm winging it! You can make out a bonnet in the above picture, it took a looonng time to decide about lace but in the end, I did not use any. :(

I should tell you she is about 18 inches tall, even at that though her arms would put any body builder to shame! They really show with the slip shift I decided I wanted, and so on....


This is the outside fabric of her dress, I'm holding the final picture until tomorrow when I'm finished with painting her. I still have one technique to try...that's the aging look with the wood stain, should I risk it? I might, just may, I don't know.



Here is a "wet" photo of her shoes. I don't paint in the trompe l'oeil style and I'm not happy with her feet but again, it's one of those things I'd change about the pattern. I tried a "worn" leather color of the shoes under the main color, then I blotted. Didn't work that well.




As always, sign and date your work. Until tomorrow. C&G Design

5 comments:

Debbie said...

My God what a lot of work Dawn!! Great job!! Can't wait to see the end result. It must be frustrating when you don't get the pattern you would like, but you have made it your own and she looks fabulous. That hat and fabric are amazing. You are so talented. Hey I went to a craft fair yesterday and bought some things but while there, I saw a wonderful country Raggedy doll!! I fell in love, but at the price of $30.00, I had to pass!! I will try and get photos though to show you. My cousin and her friend have a craft open house every year for two days. The crafts are amazing!

Jean Merriman said...

I think she is coming along well and look forward to tomorrow.

My mind....is the time at 10?

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Oh Dawn!
I can hardly wait to see all of the finished product. She looks so beautiful. I love her little shoes, as they are just right for the holidays. She is going to be perfect. Isn't it funny how the ones we aren't really sure about, turn out to be the best. The fabrics you chose are so flowing, and I love the lace you have shown. Her bonnet looks devine. Thanks for sharing. I will be back tomorrow to see her complete. I love the way you show your work along the way, it makes it so interesting. Have a beautiful day sweetie. Country hugs, Sherry

tina said...

It is so neat for you to be able to create something so special out of nothing.

Skeeter said...

Ah, will be looking for her in all her glory tomorrow!