Tuesday, May 18, 2010

The Elder Humpty Dumpty

Yes! A few posts ago I wrote about my newest being, it is Humpty Dumpty but the elder one....you know the one with the beard and has to younger one sitting on his knee??? Hopefully he has a good handle on the little guy! Anyway, I dug out the mohair again, gosh....I love that stuff! I decided the easier way to make a beard without stray hairs falling out, is to hot glue the inside of a knot. It worked real well and the beard stays put but I'm plus a blister. I never escape burn free....ha!
I glued my knots in groups of six because they seem to stable better by being short. Besides, if you look closer at Mr Egghead you will be able to see a pencil line for the beard, it's not a straight line.


My husband told me he looks like Santa but I think he looks like Yukon Cornelius from Rudolph the red nosed-reindeer. What do ya think?
He is sitting on plastic because I just sprayed water on his beard in order to curl it up again. The pin is holding down the small piece of mohair covering where the mustache meets and there is a hint of a nose!
A sneak peek of things to come. C&G Design

Words and photos by Dawn,C&G Design.

4 comments:

tina said...

I'm thinking yes, Santa.

Lola said...

But he's so cute. Even the twinkle in his eye. lol

Roses and Lilacs said...

The first thing I thought of was Santa in a spiffy plaid outfit:) I never saw Yukon Cornelius so don't know about him.
Marnie

Jean Merriman said...

Santa!! The finished product may change my mind.

Got in late last night. After a whole month, it sure was good to be home. Now comes the bad part of getting everything back in order and getting caught up on EVERYTHING. Just the pile of papers is overwhelming. We get 2 daily papers and several weekly or monthing papers. Oh dear!! Now that I have read today's blogs I will pick away at things. First I will clean the bird cages and spend some time with them. They all started happily singing last night when I came in to them. Who ever started the term "bird brain" is a nut case!!