Thursday, May 13, 2010

Peggy Nisbet

I recently purchased this 8 inch doll fro $.99, I'm kicking myself for not getting the other one for the same price but at the time.....one missing arm didn't appeal to me. This one has her veil dis-attached, not a problem.....a little glue and she will be fine. This is Princess of Wales, Diana. She dates to the eighties and she is a Peggy Nisbet from England. Peggy Nisbet made a lot of costume dolls, many of them historic.
Peggy Nisbet is mostly known for each doll being individually manufactured. No two are alike. Quite the achievement if you ask me.


My doll even has her box, but she is missing her flowers. They won't be hard to re-create.



I never thought Diana's dolls were flattering to her. C&G Design


Words and photos by Dawn,C&G Design.

9 comments:

tina said...

I love Princess Diana memorabilia. Such a tragedy when she died. h

Lola said...

Princess Diana will be remembered for more time than I have on this earth. She was a true humanitarian. Not to mention her natural beauty.

CC said...

I agree..I don't think the dolls were flattering to her..You found such a great buy..I'll have to start inspecting dolls that I run across. I never really look at them, and there are so many out there.

Protector of Vintage said...

I agree with you....the dolls aren't nearly as pretty as she was. Have a great day!

Roses and Lilacs said...

I had just watched a story about Diana on TV yesterday. Your doll's wedding dress is pretty accurate.
Marnie

Kathleen said...

What a find, and very interesting background on the doll's designer. You should write a book, all about dolls, and all the knowledge you have about them. Hopefully are weather will be warming up....wadda ya think?

Hugs, Kathleen

Kieny The Dutchlady said...

I remember these dolls when they came out, congrats on the find. I too agree that the dolls aren't very flattering to her and that Diana was in real life much more beautiful.

Unknown said...

No, but her dress sure is pretty... What a great bargain!

joey Ledlie said...

A great find. A pitty you didn't get the other doll too. nevermind.
You are very talented.Big hugs, joey