Friday, January 15, 2010

Body Building

How do you go from this? To this....well, it isn't easy. Every boudoir doll is busty, it's part of the image of glamour.
Starting with a tank top under piece, you pin it until it's form fitting. Much like the top of the dress is in this photo.

All of my dolls are hand stitched so it would make sense the undershirt would be hand stitched, the one problem people will have is needing to leave one side open to make adjustments. It's a bit of fan dangling the fabric to make it fits but when your done you can stitch the open side while it's on the doll, stitch it closely.
Once the chest was done I move onto the legs. The prior owners had bent the long skinny legs in the middle so the hay was ruined and still felt apart. She lacked a lot nearest the body, even with the material being complete and no holes in it for the hay to spill out. I took the seams apart and added shavings to bulk her up some.

Then she was ready to construct. The pantaloons slid on and were stitched to the body.

As was the slip attached to the undershirt. One note on cheesecloth, it tends to cling to itself so I will not be using this in the future, it's fine for the pantaloons but not for the slip as it doesn't help flare the skirt, the cheesecloth just bunches.

She is almost done! EAHHH!! C&G Design

6 comments:

tina said...

Gee, I wish you could make me a good looking bosom so easily!@

Skeeter said...

Tina, I was thinking I could use a boob lift myself. Dawn, you listening here??? hee hee....

She looks like a nurse right now...

Roses and Lilacs said...

Hi Dawn, LOL she went from looking like Cher to looking like Dolly Parton:)
Marnie

Jean Merriman said...

The heck with the boob lift....I just wanna trade her most of mine for some of those legs. Oh well, I can dream and hope for better luck in my next life!!

She sure is looking good. Can't wait for the grand finale.

Nancy said...

Well, I just can't wait!

Debbie said...

Wow...nice job once again Dawn. It's so intriguiging to watch what you do.