Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Some Options

Ha! I almost forgot to post! I have been so wrapped up with the Gypsy doll. I found my wood putty had not dried overnight so I proceeded to make the underclothes. I couldn't quite find the fabric that is used for these dolls so I ended up with cheesecloth, I'm not that happy with it but my only other choice was fusible bonding and I thought that might not be good after a few years.

Here are some, if not all, embellishments I plan on using on her dress, I wanted more of the gold hoops on the left but Goodwill was all out of them within a few days.
That will teach me to buy them all next time. C&G Design


5 comments:

tina said...

You must learn to buy all when you find a good deal. We need to go shopping together sometime and I'll show you. Nah, just kidding. You buy all then you wind up with clutter and don't I know it. I'm weeding it out but still have too much. Have a great day.

Roses and Lilacs said...

I like the items you bought. They have an antique look that will be perfect for the gypsy.
Marnie

Jean Merriman said...

Now I will be singing the jiggle in my head all day....I shoulda bought it when I saw it at Marden's. Only New England readers will know what I am talking bout.

Skeeter said...

Do you have a place called Burlington Coat Factory in Maine? Down here they sell jewelry really cheap and you can craft with it...

Jean, you are too funny. A while back someone mentioned the Brady Bunch song and I had that one in my head for days! Oh boy, here we go again...lol....

Protector of Vintage said...

Your Goodwill store has great inventory!! I'm jealous.