Friday, January 29, 2010

A Pack of Animals

I went to have the rest of my root canal done, it had been a while because I needed to reschedule the first appointment due to the Christmas concert Madame had her solo playing at, I was really getting use to a large hole in my tooth. Anyhow, the thing has 2 roots when it was only supposed to have one...on so fun. I treated myself to a little thrifting, look what I picked up..... I could resist but since half my head was full of numbing chemicals, I decided it would be a treat. These are actually kits from the early 90's, sold with a head, paws and feet. I had always wanted one but they were always to pricey, they are made of a heavy ceramic. There are 2 cats (1 on each end), one bear, one elephant, and a cow. I'd wish for a piglet.

The former owner had done the most beautiful work on the bodies as I'm guessing they weigh about 2 or 3 pounds each. That's a lot of pellets.


They are the most cute! Each limb being joined in a quality way using thick sturdy joints and the most durable wiring.


I'm scheming to make each outfit to suit the personality of the animal or should I do them all alike?
C&G Design



Words and photos by Dawn,

C&G Design.

10 comments:

tina said...

Do them all different. Give them personalities. Feel better soon.

Skeeter said...

I agree with Tina... Different. What a find...

Jean Merriman said...

Ohhhhh very cute. I vote with the others.

Glad that is over with for you except for the healing right now.

Roses and Lilacs said...

Love the kitties! How cute.

I think they should all be different.
Marnie

Debbie said...

These are so unusual! How do you find such great items Dawn?! Oh definitely do them individually...can't wait to see what you come up with my friend. I broke a piece of my tooth off the other night eating hard candy....just another day of drama/trauma in my life lately! You did know I was in hospital again huh?

CC said...

Dawn, these are just wonderful. You find the best things. My vote is that you dress them all differently, since they all have their own personality, I can't wait to see how you do them. Hope you get feeling better quick..nothing hurts worse than a toothache, so I hope your's is over now.

Nukke said...

Hi YOUR BLOG IS VERY INTERESTING. I THINK I'LL VISIT HERE OFTEN !!!! Greetings from Finland !!!! I have a Photoblog and some doll pics there but in my old blog there are lots of pics about my dollcollection. I have a large collection of RUSSIAN DOLLS and dolls all around the world about 500 dolls. Here is the link to my Photoblog.

Nukke said...

Here is a link to my old blog!

nukkekuvat = dollpics

doll pics in 08 in those you'll find my dolls and off course in dollslide show too !!!!!

We'll be in touch !!!! I JUST LOVE YOUR DOLLS !!!! Your blog is so interesting !!! I hope I'll hear from you !!!

Nancy said...

I think give each one their own personality! Too cute.

I have been here I don't know how many times and been interrupted before I commented. Your daughter's hair looks marvelous!

Lola said...

I agree Dawn, each has it's own personality.