Thursday, January 7, 2010

A Different Find

I finally got to go thrifting yesterday, it's been a while, weeks before Christmas I believe. I also had to jump out and find some cheesecloth for some doll undergarments but that's for another day. Do you know what this is? I didn't when I saw them but I figured I could use them for ink/paint stamping. This kit has a;
fancy L,
a ladybug,
a centurion (half man, half horse)
flowers,
large daisy,
a apple,
footprints,
and "SWAK" (sealed with a kiss)

But it also had a bunch of other things that looked like cray pods or pastels (think that's what they are called)
It wasn't until I got home I discovered it was actually sealing wax! Oh, excitement! But what would I use it for?

Then it came to me, scrapbooking. C&G Design


9 comments:

tina said...

Cool! I can't wait to see how you use it in scrapbooking.

Jean Merriman said...

You got me here today as I have never heard of sealing wax so I will have to look it up. Sounds and looks very interesting.

Roses and Lilacs said...

I don't know why you couldn't use wax seals in scrapbooking. I think I would. People don't write letters anymore so they aren't much use for that. You could use seals on Christmas or birthday cards.
Marnie

Protector of Vintage said...

Love the sealing wax!!

Kathleen said...

I love sealing wax. I use to use it on all my letters, but now, somehow, the wax comes off after it goes through processing at the post office. So I don't bother any more. What a great find, I am so jealous. Hugs, kathleen

Anonymous said...

This is an absolutely a wonderful find. What great fun and I can't wait to see what you do. I've never gotten into scrapbooking..but now I want to make tags. I should have done some scrapbooking, so I would have some supplies now. As it is, I have nothing along those lines. *sighs. I will be looking for sales.
Hurry and do something with those pretty stamps so you can show us.

Debbie said...

What a fun thing to find Dawn! Leave it to you to find something so different. Where the heck do you find these things? Looks like you got much more snow than we did and I suspect Kathleen got more than you and I!! I still do not know how you find the time to do all these crafts? Here I am at home more recooping and I can't come up with any extra time....not sure why? Well...probably because the phone never stops ringing since I had my heart attack! I am really blessed...busy but blessed!

Skeeter said...

At first I thought you had found some cigars! lol... The wax stamping will be great in scrapbooking. I doubt they would work on letters you mail and I see that Kathleen can attest to that...

Tracey said...

What a find.. I know what you mean.. I havent' been out thrifting in weeks.. I'm getting cabin fever..gotta get out!!