Thursday, July 9, 2009

One Last Peek

I am all done with the redwork coverlet! It turned out to be more of a full size than twin. My bed is queen, odd, it's almost long as it is wide.

I'm thinking of entering it in the fair but I'm not sure, one flaw and you won't be able to see it unless you enlarge the photo. The last row, between the bear and the bunny, they aren't even. I have no idea what happened but I believe it's with one of the redwork blocks, 1/4 inch off or something like that, I took it apart and tried to fix it, I may do it over again, I don't know yet. What do you think? Remember, I still have to redwork/quilt around every animal, so if the unevenness doesn't appear better, I'll take it apart and redo it by hand.

I picked up several wool batting blankets from Marden's, (I should have a VIP card there!) and I'm using brown for the backing, I wanted you to have one last peek because it will be finished the next time you see it.

Which....may be a while. C&G Design


9 comments:

tina said...

It is amazing. You are most gifted. I can't see the error at all. I don't think anyone will notice.

Lola said...

I can't see it either. You are the seamstress so you would notice. I doubt anyone else will.

Protector of Vintage said...

It looks wonderful. I have always thought it would be fun to enter something in a fair :)

Jean Merriman said...

Tis a beauty!! I can see where it is off but had to enlarge it and then study it for a bit before I found it.

Debbie said...

Oh Dawn it's beautiful!!! What a fantastic job you did and sooo much work!!!! I cannot see it at all, even though I enlarged the photo. I think you must be a perfectionist because you are such a wonderful seamstress! Entering it into a fair would be a fantastic idea! I can't wait to see it completed with the batting and backing. Brown would really be a great color...very earthy and nature induced. I hope you get a lot of money for it....that was a huge amount of work. Great job my friend!!!!

Kathleen said...

Dawn, she's a beauty. How you have the patience to sew all that together is beyond me. It is just gorgeous...and I think you should enter it in a fair, by all means. I cannot see the flaw. Another exquisite creation! You are so talented! Hugs, Kathleen

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Dawn it is absolutely beautiful. Just beautiful. Job well done. Definitely enter it in the Fair. It's a blue ribbon winner for sure. You did a beautiful job. If there is a flaw we all can't see it, so I know you are a perfectionist. Great post Dawn. Congrats on completion. Country Hugs, Sherry

Skeeter said...

Like all but Jean, I cannot see the imperfection either! I think you should enter it into the Fair and once you have that ribbon, you can use that as a selling factor and ask a higher price! lol That is a lot of work there girl...

Nancy said...

I don't know the first thing about quilting to know how to answer you. I am in awe of all the work that you did on this piece. And, there is still more?

A fair...how fun! Amazing.