Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Andy!

Well, since I posted Ann last week, I thought I'd show you Andy! He is basically the same pattern except with having to shape the face by gluing pleats, every face will look differently, no two will be the same!

I decided that Andy's necktie would have a needle keep attached to it, therefore it becomes functional like Ann's hair ribbon.


I forgot to mention one Ann's post that you never use polyfill (stuffing) for the cushion, it dulls the pins. Wool or sand works best. I have this great hounds tooth wool that I mainly make bears out of. It has a rough feel yet a loose weave.



The hat will hold a thimble, however only while in use, it's to loose to keep the thimble there, inside the jar would be better.





This pair is off to Etsy together.





C&G Design


I want to thank Lola for sending me the lovely care package, her crafts. I'm disheartened when I know someone who has had to give over to arthritis, because one day...it will happen to me too! Plus, I'm aware of the pain crafting can cause, I'm glad for you Lola that you are gardening, it is pleasant reading your post and seeing your work. I am also very flattered you thought of lucky me to send your package too, I will use all the pretty things, that's for sure!


7 comments:

Lola said...

That's a cute pair & functional too. They are the cutest couple around. I never fail to notice them.
You are very welcome, Dawn.

tina said...

Cute pair for sure.

Lola, you are too sweet. Sad you can't do them anymore but hang tough on the gardening.

Kathleen said...

They are an adorable pair! I love them. Hey, how's that quilt coming? Hugs, Kathleen

Jean Merriman said...

Awwww, they are such a cute pair.

What a sweetie Lola is!!! I am enjoying my owl a lot. He is keeping a keen eye on my veggie garden.

Debbie said...

What a cute pair Dawn! You also came up with some really neat "extras" for storage that is quite ingenious! Nice job my friend. I don't know Lola but will check her out when I am done here. I can empathize with her regarding the arthritis...I have it already and some days it's worse than others.

Skeeter said...

How cute and they will find a great home soon! Lola is such a sweetie to send you those crafts! It is always fun to pass along such things to others when we no longer can use them ourself! Have fun with them Dawn and cant wait to see what you have in store for us next...

Anonymous said...

That is such a cute and clever pair. You are so imaginative and I'm glad you got some things you can use, and so sorry for Lola.

Thanks for stopping by and commenting, my books have been keeping me so occupied I haven't had any blogging time. You're so very thoughtful. xJ