Tuesday, July 14, 2009

A Recent Etsy Purchase

I've just started to buy items off Etsy, it's a great place for things new, and things old, also for the handcrafter, there are plenty of supplies. Here is what I bought on Saturday, the seller communicated with me immediately to let me know she was in Austin at her daughter's baby shower and could she ship it on Monday? People on Etsy are so nice. The seller had this grouping listed as troubled children from the 1950s and the 1920s, troubled because they dragged around a torso and one arm! Oh well, I'm interested in all 3. The first doll I will talk about at a later date, the torso can be used---yes-sir-ree, and the third is today's topic, the composition toddler. BTW I paid $17.00 including shipping, for this wonderful misbegotten group of "kids."

It's unclear if my composition toddler is like another, maybe it's wishful thinking but I like to do research on these early century dolls, even a plain one brings joy to my heart. Oh, it's like the above doll with the part on the right side, marked ND Co, for Natural Doll Co. The seller did not mention marks.

Or...could it be a Baby Charles? Yes, I do believe it's for Prince Charles but no.....my doll has sleep eyes, Charles does not.

Could it be this Horseman beauty? The hair is baby wispy in the middle of the forehead, nope.

What about this tin eyed little gentleman? Whoops, he has teeth.



Well, I would of sworn it' actually Ideal's Buster Brown, he has sleep eyes also, a close mouth, a wide bottom with full composition legs, sadly...the hair is parted on the other side.

Travel.....time will tell. C&G Design




8 comments:

tina said...

Pretty neat dolls. What are you going to do with them?

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Inquiring minds want to know what are you going to do with the dolls? Are you a collector, or do you just like to fix them up? The toddler doll does look so interesting. I have to ask stupidly what is Etsy? I have never heard of it. Is it like e-bay or what? Thanks for the wonderful post. Country Hugs, Sherry

Debbie said...

Well Dawn...they are traveling to the doll doctor's home where they will enter Dawn's Doll Hospital and be gently operated on and become wonderfully beautiful dolls once again! Am I right?

Jean Merriman said...

Such cute faces, love the last one with her cherub looking face. Look forward to seeing what you do with them.

Jillian's Bella Rosa Antiques said...

Wow, they are very interesting...I'd love to see what you are going to do with them. Researching dolls can be fun...but I find it difficult since I was never a doll person. That one is an oldie but goodie!

Kathleen said...

Oh Debbie summed it up perfectly, so I won't add to it. Hugs, Kathleen

Skeeter said...

What fun to investigate your new additions! CAnt wait to see what you do with the torso and arm..

Nancy said...

I cannot wait to see the results. What a precious find.

I love etsy. I have been moving all my supplies from eBay to there which is why I have been in and out here. I agree, it seems to be a kinder place.