Saturday, July 25, 2009

What is Pink?


Pink is a tint, depending on how much white and how much red is added to one another as to how 'pink' you become.
At the turn of the century girls were seen wearing blue and young boys, pink. Blue was dainty, delicate and associated with the virgin Mary. Pink was considered a strong color, being a relative of red, and often placed on boys. In 1921 The Women's Institute for domestic Science officially endorsed blue for girls and pink for boys.
Deep carmine pink
Deep pink
French rose
Fuchsia
Fuchsia pink
Hollywood Cerise
Hot magenta
Hot pink
Lavender pink
Lavender rose


In ancient times it was believed by the Europeans that baby girls were born from the center of roses and the boys were to be god-like from the skies, which are blue.
In 1681 the Dutch had a flower recognized, it was called "pinken", it is unclear what that name is related to, some speculate it's for the jagged edges of the petals, as if they are pinked.
Light pink
Light thulian pink
Magenta
Mountbatten pink
Persian pink
Persian rose
Pink
Puce
Rose
Rose pink

Feng Shui defines pink as a large shift of energy, soothing, calm, relaxing and a sign of contentment. A bowl of rose quarts will bring natural healing vibes of love!
Salmon pink
Shocking pink
Tea rose
Thulian pink
Ultra pink
Variations of pink But 'what is the scent of pink?' I say it's got to be bubblegum. What is a better scent to make one think pink? The first taste of pink with it's powdered substance, it's long lasting, and best of all....entertaining.


Visit the samples of pink for a eye wonder of bubblicious and see Beverly for more people who believe in the color of "PINK". C&G Design

17 comments:

Kathleen said...

Who knew there were so many shades of pink? Love the history behind it....but boys....god-like? Must have been a man that decided that LOL. Have a great week-end, Dawn. I'm off to the auction tonight.....Hugs, Kathleen

tina said...

Great post! I like pink. I am getting ready to do my laundry room in it. Do you suppose it might make me relax in there?? I hope so!

Lola said...

Great post Dawn. I like the color pink. It's soft, comforting. I didn't know all that history behind it. That sure is a lot of different pinks.
Happy Pink Saturday.

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

Isn't it amazing the number of pinks? I loved reading about the history. Happy Pink Saturday..
hugs ~lynne~

Jean Merriman said...

Wow, what a great lesson for us all. Good post.

Happy Pink Saturday to all.

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Great Pink Saturday post! Think Pink! I'll take one piece of double bubble please. I haven't had any of that in ages. Oh my. Love the tulip story. Had never heard that. You have done your homework on this one. Please stop by and say hi. I would love to have you visit. Country Hugs, Sherry

Mamapippa said...

Interesting !

Happy Pink Saturday !

Bunny said...

Happy PS Love all your descriptions of Pink. I can taste the bubblegum.

Light and Voices said...

Pink bubble delicious post!
Joyce M

Envoy-ette said...

Ooo..I've got to run out and get me a bowl of rose quartz!

Gabriela said...

Happy Pink Saturday!


This is a fabulous post!



~ Gabriela ~

Unknown said...

This is a great post, Dawn, so interesting! I agree, bubble gum is the scent of pink!

Melony at Whimsy Daisy! said...

I sure learned something today! Thanks for the history lesson on pink. It was fun.

Claudia said...

What a fun post! Happy Pink Saturday!

♥Mimi♥ said...

Had the Grands for a few days so I am a day late and a dollar short for Pink Saturday! We just had so much fun and time got away from me☺

But, I didn't want to miss all the pinkness that brings sunshine to my weekend. And, another cool, sun-less day. My gardens look horrible this year. Nothing is growing...sigh.

So, your sweet blog post is cheering me up! Thanks so much for giving me something pretty to look at other than the dark clouds outside my kitchen window.

Betty said...

What a great post and you are so right about the bubble gum. It just screams pink to me!

Skeeter said...

Great Pink Post Dawn!