Friday, July 24, 2009

Stuffies-Part 2

These were in a large quart-size, zip-lock bag and I kept wondering......hummm, "what is that smell?", a familiar smell, sort of sanitized with the overwhelming smell of cardboard mixed within it. Well, I fished through the rest of the papers in the bag, a few beautiful sketches, notes and a manila folder marked "school file."
I think the hippo is so cute! and chubby.....chubby is good for a hippo, otherwise the word "hip" wouldn't be included in the species name!

Well, it occurred to me...the smell is the soap from the school's bathroom! and as I saw the sheep, more things came to mind. This person is a kindergarten teacher and these are felt animals, wa-la! To practice buttoning the ears on, yeees! My first clue is the skinny hooves on the gorgeous sheep, to do this one as a stuffie, I would cut the fabric all the way across. From the first hoof to the last, then paint the blackened hooves.


These three have the same ear, the hippo is open, the sheep is a downward ear and the camel upward. Dare I make these with weighting pellets and they not be considered close to beanie babies?
I'll have to find the perfect fabric, should be easy. C&G Design

5 comments:

tina said...

Can't wait to see what you do with them.

Kathleen said...

Look Out! Dawn is on the hunt for fabric. HIde your stash, lock the door. I know you will find the perfect fabric for these adorable animals. Raining again, and a lot of it. I wonder if this means we will get lots of snow this winter???? Nothing will surprise me anymore. Hugs, Kathleen

Protector of Vintage said...

Excited to see the finished products!

Lola said...

Oh Boy, more goodies. They all sure look good.

Jean Merriman said...

I really like the hippo and sheep but the camel is a funny looking camel. I bet they actually would make great beanbags, not just for weights but the whole thing.

I am late today as had to leave early and just got home. The clinic that Sarah works in had a family day so we went to it. Lotta good food and RAIN. 4 inches overnight, on top of the 4 or 5 inches we already had this week. This is crazy!! The guys cooked the meat outside and brought it all in. After some other things and eating they did move to outside long enough to throw the pies at the ones that got the most votes to have a pie in their face. The clinic was closed for the day so there was plenty of room inside. Good thing.