Sunday, July 19, 2009

Uneeda Toddler

I've had this toddle for a while, it's made by Uneeda, a well-known manufacturer with collectible dolls. I've researched him but can not give him a name. *SIGH* Maybe some time in the future. He is about 22'' tall and has a set of beautiful bright blue sleep eyes, with the lashes all intact. This is how I found him recovering from a few years in storage. I had to make a minor repair to his missing pinkie.
This is what I did, I used a rubber mold on the good pinkie, then filled that spot with plaster, inserting a q-tip base in it,I needed to have something to attach both body parts with. I wish I had taken before pictures but being carried away with everything, I did not.

This toddler has always been planned for Madame's restored (by me) high chair that will be in the dining room. Why? I have no clue, just something compels me to hold onto it.


It's another thing to get out of storage, sooner or later I'll be at the end. C&G Design.

P.S. Can you see which pinkie was repaired? His left, but it would be hard to tell unless someone was right upon it.

5 comments:

Skeeter said...

Okay, my mind was somewhere else when you referred to this doll as a boy with a pinkie missing. I thought you were talking about something other then a finger. Oh my goodness, I thinks me needs a cup of coffee to wake up this morning. hee hee...

He looks really good and I think you may have another use for that highchair some day. Um, grandkids maybe....

Jean Merriman said...

I am betting that you will find his name sooner or later. Love his eyes and his outfit. Another goddie and I could not tell which one was repaired.

tina said...

Good job on the repair. Nice chair he sits in too.

Lola said...

Such a cutie. I wouldn't mind him sitting in my dining room either. I had a crying baby in a basket for awhile. Sis-in-law thought it was real when she heard it over the phone. I always wanted an antique high chair. Don't know why.

Unknown said...

Wow Dawn. Next time I need to have something fixed, I'm calling you!