Thursday, July 23, 2009

Stuffies-Part 1

Yep, it's like that.....you know that feeling of when you come across something you have no idea where you got it at!? Yep. I found these cardboard templates in some craft items I was going through. They actually have a flip side that states "Town of Shapleigh" Humm....some one bored at the job. Anyhow, I thought they are to cute to bypass, the notes indicate the designer meant them to be at least 12 and 1/2 inches tall, button joints for the movable parts and I'm assuming, smaller buttons for a eye.
I've added where the frayed accessories should be, tail, mane, etc. They are cute just as they are. Cutting two of the main part and four of the over sized ears will give you the perfect stuffie for a child who enjoys the little something, something to clutch. I would either use a spotted material for the giraffe or paint spots on the body of plain fabric. Mostly likely I'd followed the first mentioned.

Part Two for tomorrow. C&G Design

6 comments:

tina said...

Maybe you'll remember where these came from. I tell you it drives me nuts when I can't remember stuff.

Skeeter said...

They say the first thing to go is the memory. I say it is the eye-sight as mine sure is going somewhere other then with me! hee hee....

I assume you plan to make them and show us soon... :-)

Jean Merriman said...

Cute and I look forward to seeing them all finished.

SKeeter, I agree it is the eyesight to go first.

Lola said...

Skeeter & Jean, I can sure go for the eyesight. I'm proof. Maybe by x-mas I will be able to see better.
Dawn great craft there. A little one sure would like to cuddle to it.

Kathleen said...

These are adorable patterns. I like the look of the elephant and the giraffe. I really like the idea for the mane, and the fabric for the giraffe. This will be a fun project I bet! Big hugs, Kathleen

Jillian's Bella Rosa Antiques said...

Wherever they came from, they sure are cute! Someone did a lot of work. Can't wait to see what you do ....